Salary: Up to $49,000 to start plus OT at time-and-a-half during tax season AND full company-sponsored benefits
Location: Downtown Chicago
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
CPA and Tax Consultants
Up to $49,000 to start plus overtime at time-and-a-half during tax season AND full company-sponsored benefits
As an Administrative Assistant for a CPA and Tax Consulting firm, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and assistance to the firm's Partners and other professional staff
- Preparing daily correspondence
- Managing emails
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and business luncheons
- Coordinating travel arrangements and travel itineraries
- Learning to assemble and process completed client tax returns
- Preparing and distributing client billing statements
- Maintaining manual and electronic file systems
- Conducting account research as needed
- Collaborating with support staff at the firm's multiple office locations to facilitate efficient operations
- Assisting with special projects when needed
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least two years of Administrative and/or Office Administration experience
- Prior related experience at a CPA firm, Tax Consulting firm, Financial Services firm or from within an Accounting Department or similar
- The willingness and ability to work overtime (evenings and Saturdays) as required during both the April and October tax deadline seasons. All OT will be paid at time-and-a-half!
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
JobGiraffe's client is a rapidly-growing and well-respected local CPA firm and Tax Consultancy with multiple offices throughout Chicago and the Suburbs.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1709 - Chicago, IL 60606
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Accounting Skills Administrative Skills Accounting Skills, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial