Salary: $16.00 per hour to start
Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Temp
$16.00 per hour to start
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
As an Office Assistant, you will be providing support and assistance to the administrative staff during tax season.
Your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the administrative staff
- Answering phones
- Providing basic information to callers
- Screening and transferring calls as appropriate
- Learning to review and assemble tax returns
- Entering reports into the database
- Maintaining and updating spreadsheets
- Maintaining manual and electronic file systems
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Preparing and sending outgoing mailings
- Monitoring office supply levels
- Lending a helping-hand wherever possible
- Assisting with special projects and performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least one year of Administrative Office, Office Support, General Office or similar/related experience
- Above average computational math skills
- Comfort with numbers, spreadsheets and reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Effective communication skills
- A can-do attitude and helpful nature
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork skills
- Any Accounting experience +++
- Any Tax Preparation experience +++
- Experience from an Accounting Firm, Accounting Department, the Financial Services Industry or similar/related +++
- An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree +++
JobGiraffe's client offers audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse array of clients.
This is a contract assignment anticipated to last until the end of April.
Partial benefits will be available from JobGiraffe throughout the duration of your contract assignment.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, or by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1131 - Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Accounting Skills General Office Skills Accounting Skills, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial