Accounts Receivable / Shipping Office Clerk
Salary: $21.00 per hour to start plus full benefits after 90 days
Location: Chicago - Far West Side - Walk from Blue Line
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Office / Administrative / Operations / Accounting
Accounts Receivable - Transportation A/R Specialist
As Transportation Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will:
- Receive complete training
- Take, enter and process payments
- Apply payments to accounts
- Check documents for accuracy and completeness
- Review bills of lading, purchase orders, shipping documents, damage claims, letters of credit as well as customer terms and conditions
- Identify, research and resolve errors, omissions and discrepancies
- Learn to correct billing errors
- Reconcile deductions short-pays, damaged goods, pricing discrepancies and other customer claims
- Coordinate with internal teams
- Check for past-due accounts balances
- Call and email customers with "gentle reminders" that their bill is past-due
- Turnover accounts that are more than 90-days past due to the Manager
- Enter account 'notes' into the accounting database
- Assist with additional clerical, data entry and accounting-related duties as requested
$21.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 1 year of Accounts Receivable experience
- At least 1 year of Collections experience
- Knowledge of / experience with purchasing, shipping and transportation/logistics processes
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
Chicago - Far West Side - Walk from Blue Line
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known supplier of popular food products.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place within the office and facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #22-1073 - Chicago, IL 60644
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Customer Service Skills Accounting Skills Customer Service Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange