Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative
Salary: Up to $35,000 to start plus full benefits...
Location: Oak Park Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative - Will Train
Up to $35,000 to start plus full benefits and room for career advancement...
Oak Park Area
This position is open due to promotion.
As a Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receiving training and learning about the various types of wire, steel and other metal products offered by the company
- Responding to customer requests via phone, email and fax
- Checking inventory to make sure requested products are in stock
- Checking lead times for items that are not in stock
- Quoting prices
- Taking orders placed by customers
- Scheduling and arranging shipments
- Up-selling customers on additional items that would suit their business needs
- Identifying and qualifying new sales leads
- Making outbound calls to current and prospective customers educate customers about the products offered by the company
- Building relationships and trust with current and prospective customers
- Earning new business and growing revenue
- Performing data entry to enter orders and customer information into the company system
- Addressing and resolving customer concerns and problems, escalating issues as necessary
- Providing feedback to management by sharing ideas and solutions for process improvements
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least one year business-to-business customer service, account management and/or inside sales experience, OR;
- A Bachelor's Degree with office experience, while in school
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate data entry skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Motivation and the drive to make things happen
- Prioritization and time-management skills
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- The willingness and ability to be coached and trained to the job
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Any experience with wire, steel and/or industrial products
+++ Experience with NetSuite
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ Experience in a company that manufactures/distributes products and not just services
+++ Experience using an order entry and/or Customer Relationship Management [CRM] system
JobGiraffe's client is a distributor of steel and wire products.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #18-1945 - Chicago, IL 60639
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Sales Skills Customer Service Skills Sales Skills, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange