Logistics / Warehouse - Shipping and Receiving Team Lead
Salary: Up to $19.00 per hour to start with full company-sponosred benefits
Location: North Suburbs - Buffalo Grove Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Logistics / Warehouse
Shipping and Receiving Team Lead
Up to $19.00 per hour to start with full company-sponsored benefits...
North Suburbs - Buffalo Grove Area
This position is open due to growth!
As UPS and FedEX Specialist and Team Lead, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, training, monitoring and motivating your Team
- Receiving, unloading and properly putting-away all received materials within the facility
- Creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets and logs
- Resolving discrepancies regarding invoices, packing slips and receiving reports
- Corresponding with customers, vendors and internal contacts
- Making sure all receiving processes are handled in a timely, efficient and proper manner
- Seeking-out efficiencies and process improvements
- Leading training programs in safety and proper receiving processes
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Assisting in other departments as necessary
Once hired, you will spend your first few weeks working the night shift to learn about company policies, procedures and protocols.
Following training, you will transition into a role as the Receiving Lead during the day shift.
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of shipping and receiving experience
- Experience with warehouse operations including picking, shipping and receiving
- Experience with UPS and FedEx shipping programs
- Forklift experience
- Experience leading or mentoring others
In addition to the following qualifications:
- The ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- The ability to work on your feet for the duration of an 8-hour shift
- Above-average communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy in your work
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Prioritization and time-management skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Proficiency using computers and computer-based programs
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Previous supervisory/team lead experience
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ Forklift Certification
Our client offers a diverse range of electric, lighting and energy solutions.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #18-1946 - Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange