Consumer Collections Specialist - English / Spanish
Salary: Up to $16.00 per hour to start plus full benefits and the ability to earn an additional $15,000 in bonus annually!
Location: Downtown Chicago - Loop
Position Type: Full-time | Temp-to-hire
Consumer Collections Specialist
Up to $16.00 per hour PLUS the ability to earn an additional $15,000 in bonus annually and full benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k - included!
Downtown Chicago - Loop
As a Consumer Collections Specialist, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being assigned a portfolio of credit accounts
- Contacting customers regarding past-due and delinquent payments
- Maintaining a positive rapport with customers at all times
- Understanding the reasons for past-due and delinquent payments
- Working towards the timely resolution of past-due and delinquent payments to increase revenue and limit losses
- Helping customers bring their accounts up-to-date
- Negotiating payment arrangements that are acceptable for both the customer and the Company
- Following-up with customers to ensure payment promises are met
- Researching and resolving any disputes, discrepancies or short pays
- Providing customers with any requisite documentation upon request
- Keeping and maintaining thorough and accurate records of your collections activity within the system
- Generating regular reports and forecasts regarding your collections activity
- Performing other duties as assigned
You will work a total of 40-hours per week on a rotating schedule between 9AM - 9PM Monday through Friday as well as every other Saturday, always with a corresponding day-off during the week.
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of any type of consumer collections experience or other applicable collection experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish [read, write, speak]
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Advanced follow-up skills
- Organization and attention-to-detail in your work
- Above-average overall computer proficiency
- Professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Compassion and empathy
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Experience using MLS Software
+++ Being knowledgeable about FDCPA [The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act]
Our client is a provider of flexible financing programs with partners throughout the country.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1046 - Chicago, IL 60606
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Finance-Financial Services Customer Service Skills Finance-Financial Services, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services