PART TIME - Legal Office Assistant
Salary: Up to $22.00 per hour to start with 90-day review up to $25.00 per hour!
Location: Chicago - Downtown Loop Area
Position Type: Part-time | Direct-hire
Legal Office Assistant
$22.00 per hour to start
Chicago - Downtown Chicago
As a Part-Time Legal Office Assistant, you will be expected to work between 18 and 24 hours per week.
Choose any three days from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, and work approximately 6 to 8-hours on each day.
Your hourly compensation will start at $22.00 per hour, and after 90-days you may be eligible for an increase in your hourly pay up to as much as $25.00 per hour.
As a Legal Office Assistant, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to a three person legal team, including two Attorneys and one Paralegal
- Being trained to prepare court filings
- Making trips between the law office and Circuit Court and State Court to deliver court filings
- Maintaining and updating digital and electronic filing systems
- Corresponding with counsel, the court and clients
- Coordinating and scheduling appointments
- Ensuring all legal documentation and correspondence are handled with discretion in strict confidence
- Performing additional administrative, clerical and client service duties as necessary
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least three years of office administration experience
- OR any Associate's or Bachelor's Degree and one year of office administration experience
In addition to the following qualifications:
- An interest in legal proceedings and the law
- The ability to walk from the Law Office to one or both court houses (about 4/5 blocks away) one or more times per day if needed
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and strategic-planning skills
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail in your work
- A willingness to learn new skills and work with minimal supervision
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Legal office experience
+++ Experience with law office software such as Tabs 3, Practice Master or other brands of practice management software
+++ Knowledge of any type of "billable hours" or "timekeeping" software
Our client is a law office specializing in estate, guardianship and business law.
This position offers the possibility of adding more hours and even becoming a full-time position within one year.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1135 - Chicago, IL 60601
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Legal/Criminal Justice/Court Administrative Skills Legal/Criminal Justice/Court, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial