Customer Service / Account Manager - Freight Brokerage, Freight Forwarding or Third Party Logistics (3PL) Experience
Salary: Up to $60,000 to start plus bonus and full company-sponsored benefits
Location: Rosemont - Near O'Hare Airport
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Customer Service / Account Manager
Freight Brokerage, Freight Forwarding or Third Party Logistics (3PL) Experience
Up to $60,000 to start plus bonus and full company-sponsored benefits
Rosemont - Near O'Hare Airport
As an Account Representative, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learning about the suite of freight solutions and transportation services offered by the company
- Entering all load information into the Transportation Management System [TMS]
- Prioritizing loads for the following day
- Providing load status updates to customers throughout the shipping process
- Troubleshooting and resolving customer issues / problems
- Ensuring every load is dispatched correctly and that it will meet all delivery requirements
- Setting attention flags and communicating any special instructions for night dispatch
- Generating additional business by following-up with existing customers and dormant accounts and inquiring about future load opportunities
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of experience from the freight brokerage, freight forwarding or third party logistics (3PL) industries
- Customer Service and/or Account Management experience
In addition to the following qualifications:
- An advanced understanding of transportation services, brokerage services, freight forwarding and third party logistics
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Above-average overall computer proficiency
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
Our client is a full-service provider of transportation solutions.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1149 - Rosemont, IL 60018
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Customer Service Skills Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Customer Service Skills, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Agriculture, Natural Resources, Utilities, Waste, Recycling