Associate Category Manager
Salary: Up to $70,000 to start with great company-sponsored benefits
Location: Work in the Mount Prospect Office or the Chicago - Bucktown Office
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Associate Category Manager
Hair Care, Beauty and Personal Care Products
Up to $70,000 to start with great company-sponsored benefits
Work in the Mount Prospect Office or the Chicago - Bucktown Office
As an Associate Category Manager, you will be supporting the Category Manager with managing and growing the product assortment.
Additionally, you will be developing and implementing marketing plans to drive sales for assigned brands.
Your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting marketing analysis and developing category strategy
- Managing the current portfolio, which includes sales presentations, SKU substitutions and discontinuations
- Assisting in the new product development process
- Contributing to new product positioning, assortment, packaging solutions and pricing strategies
- Effectively overseeing project timelines, budgets, deliverables and approvals
- Preparing project product briefs to assist with the sourcing process
- Executing the product testing process with end users
- Supporting the Sales Team with effective sales and training tools
- Coordinating fully-integrated communication initiatives
- Performing other duties as necessary
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of experience with brand, category or new product marketing support, analysis, strategy and/or planning duties
- Product and SKU experience
- Project Management experience
In addition to the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related
- Researching and analytical skills
- Strategic-planning and problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- A positive demeanor and eagerness to learn and continue to grow
- An innovative mind and creative spirit
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with AS400 or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] system
- Above-average overall computer skills
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver results, while remaining on budget
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time [paid at company-expense]
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Experience using Nielsen and/or point of sale data
+++ Marketing experience from the Consumer Packaged Goods [CPG] industry
+++ Marketing experience from the Hair Care, Beauty and Personal Care Products Industry
Our client is an innovative provider of beauty-inspired brands.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1194 - Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Skills Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange