Entry-Level Mechanical Assembly, Installation and Service Technician
Salary: Between $40,000 and $60,000 to start plus superior company-sponsored benefits
Location: Glendale Heights Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Will Train / Entry-Level
Mechanical Assembly, Installation and Service Technician
Between $40,000 and $60,000 to start plus superior company-sponsored benefits
Glendale Heights, IL
As a Mechanical Assembly, Installation and Service Technician, you will be trained to construct, test and service custom, in-house fabrications.
Your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting general instructions, drawings, diagrams and fluid schematics
- Building custom assemblies using a combination of in-house and third-party products
- Performing precision tube bending and cutting
- Performing orbital welding (training included)
- Conducting pressure tests using standard leak testing techniques
- Conducting thorough product and fluid system inspections
- Responding to requests for service and assistance
- Troubleshooting and resolving customer, product and system issues / problems / malfunctions
- Soliciting customer feedback to improve service
- Diligently following all company policies and procedures and working to achieve required certifications
- Collaborating with the team to consistently meet deadlines and deliver outstanding customer service
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least one year of Mechanical Installation, Assembly, Fabrication, Maintenance and Repair, or Service Technician experience
- Advanced mechanical skills
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, diagrams and/or engineering drawings
In addition to the following qualifications:
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to perform physically strenuous activities for a large portion of the workday
- Above-average communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Mathematical proficiency
- A comfort with numbers
- Computer proficiency
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- The willingness and ability to obtain required certification[s]
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Any amount of metal fabrication experience (cutting, grinding, bending or welding)
+++ Any amount of mechanical repair, metal fabrication, welding and/or related technical training
+++ Any amount of MIG, TIG or spot welding training and/or on-the-job experience (Our client will train you to their Orbital Welder)
+++ Experience working with fluid systems
+++ Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, especially in a mechanically-oriented discipline
Our client designs, manufactures and delivers high-quality fluid system products and solutions.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1233 - Glendale Heights, IL 60139
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Other not listed Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair Other not listed, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining