Business / Finance - Great for Grads! Will Train as Collections Specialist
Salary: Up to $42,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits
Location: Tinley Park Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Business / Finance - Great for Grads!
Will Train as Collections Specialist
Up to $42,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits
As a Collections Specialist, you will be trained to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Learning the firm's Credit and Collections process
- Handling a designated portfolio of Business-to-Business [B2B] accounts
- Monitoring A/R, agings and credit reports
- Managing the timely resolution of past-due accounts
- Contacting your accounts regarding invoices that are past-due
- Providing any information requested by customers to resolve discrepancies and facilitate quick payment
- Working with your accounts to obtain suitable payment arrangements when needed
- Troubleshooting with team members to identify, resolve and share information regarding payment trends and collection guideline updates
- Analyzing disputes from current and past incidents
- Seeking to understand root causes of non/late payments
- Developing and implementing solutions to minimize and prevent future payment issues
- Serving as back-up to the Deductions Analyst to process discrepancies pertaining to special pricing, allowance, discounts damages and shortages
- Performing other duties within the Group as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a similar discipline
- AND relevant office experience while in school
- OR at least two years of B2B Accounts Receivable and/or Collections experience
In addition to the following desired qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fast and accurate typing / data entry skills
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to thrive in a team environment
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
JobGiraffe's client is a manufacturer supporting the plumbing industry.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1278 - Tinley Park, IL
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Accounting Skills Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train Accounting Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining