Printing / Ink - Press Technician 3rd Shift
Salary: Up to $60,000 to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
Location: East Saint Louis Area - Granite City, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Printing / Ink
Press Technician 3rd Shift
Up to $60,000 to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
Granite City Area
As a Technician, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Formulating ink to customer specifications
- Selecting the appropriate base(s)
- Weighing-out required ingredients
- Mixing and milling inks
- Performing quality control testing
- Preparing color comparison displays
- Performing technical service on presses as required
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Ordering inks, coatings and raw materials as necessary
- Maintaining production and quality control records
- Providing information to the Accounting Department for project billing purposes
- Keeping your work space neat, orderly and safe
- Producing monthly reports
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least three years of pressroom or ink experience
- Experience with solvent flexo and Energy Curable (EB) offset
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of press operation, raw material properties and pigments
- The ability to administer quality control measurements and dispenser operations
- An understanding of X-Rite spectrophotometers
- Color management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Comfort with numbers, data and reports
- Above-average communication skills
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Our client is a producer of inks, chemicals and other compounds.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1384 - Granite City, IL 62040
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Other not listed, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining