Supply Chain / Logistics - Air Export Customer Service
Salary: Up to $45,000 to start and full benefits...
Location: Wood Dale
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Import / Export
Air Export Customer Service
Up to $45,000 to start plus full benefits
As an Air Export Customer Service Specialist, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Answering customer phone calls and emails
- Responding to customer questions
- Assessing each customers unique transportation needs
- Providing pricing information
- Generating price quotes
- Processing orders
- Setting-up shipments
- Contacting overseas agents
- Preparing all required documentation for Air and Ocean shipments
- Tracking and monitoring shipments
- Issuing invoices
- Investigating and resolving customer issues
- Following up with customers as appropriate
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least one year of import / export experience or other relevant transportation and/or logistics industry experience
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of import / export business and processes
- Knowledge of freight forwarding
- Knowledge of handling global B2B [business-to-business] accounts
- Above-average communication skills
- Relationship-management skills
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Follow up skills
- Teamwork skills
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Air Export experience
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, especially in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or similar
+++ Fluency in Japanese [read, write, speak]
Our client is a thriving full service global transportation and logistics company.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1431 - Wood Dale, IL 60191
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Customer Service Skills Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Customer Service Skills, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Agriculture, Natural Resources, Utilities, Waste, Recycling