Construction - Assistant Project Manager
Salary: Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits
Location: Near Southwest Suburbs - Bridgeview Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Assistant Project Manager
Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits
Near Southwest Suburbs - Bridgeview Area
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will assist Project Managers with all construction management duties.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling projects throughout the entire project life cycle, from point-of-sale until final billing
- Interpreting project specifications
- Performing take-offs of architectural drawings
- Traveling to job sites to perform field verification (VIF)
- Ensuring blueprint specifications match physical jobsite dimensions
- Determining project costs, material requirements and costs
- Preparing project budgets and submitting project proposals
- Producing accurate purchase orders
- Determining scope and pricing for Change Orders
- Determining methods for proper installations
- Reviewing red-lined shop drawings
- Scheduling Field and Shop Teams
- Preparing all LEED, close out and warranty documentation
- Maintaining electronic and manual job files
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensuring that each job is completed on time, on budget and up to customer standards
- Seeking out additional cost savings opportunities wherever possible
In this role, you will begin by shadowing the Sr. Project Manager and being trained to the industry.
You will use a company vehicle for transportation to and from job sites and will receive a cell phone and desktop computer for work use.
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of commercial / industrial construction industry experience
- The ability to perform architectural drawing take-offs
- A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar
In addition to the following desired qualifications:
- An advanced understanding of construction processes
- Advanced blueprint interpretation / reading skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Follow up skills
- A Driver's License and safe driving record
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Construction jobsite experience
+++ LEED Certification
Our client is a provider of specialized industrial installation services.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1465 - Bridgeview, IL 60455
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair Management Skills - People or Projects, Construction: Buildings, Structures, Infrastructure, Land