Customer Service - Manufacturing Customer Service
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour to start plus excellent company-sponsored benefits
Location: Near North Suburbs - Skokie Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Manufacturing Customer Service
Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial
Product Support Specialist
Up to $20.00 per hour to start plus excellent company-sponsored benefits
Near North Suburbs - Skokie, IL
As a Customer Service Specialist in the Product Support Group, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learning about the various products and product lines offered by the Company
- Providing support via phone, email and web chat to commercial accounts, which include: lighting showrooms, architects and specialty builders
- Answering customer questions
- Providing customers with product information, product pricing and product specifications
- Checking product availability, shipping options and delivery turn-around times
- Suggesting substitutions when the customer's 'first-choice' product is not in stock
- Tracking shipments and expediting all 'rush' orders
- Coordinating deliveries and drop-offs
- Learning to provide basic assembly, installation and troubleshooting advice to installers, contractors and end-users
- Referring customers with complex problems to the Electrical Support or Engineering Team
- Issuing customer credits and authorizing returns for missing or defective parts/equipment
- Making sure your accounts are satisfied with their products and their overall customer experience
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of B2B [Business-to-Business] Customer Service, Product Support and/or Account Management experience AND...
- Customer service experience from a Company that manufactures and/or distributes products
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Experience taking and/or placing orders for products that have pieces, parts and part numbers
- Above-average mechanical aptitude
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft proficiency Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Relationship-building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Follow-up skills
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Customer service experience from a Company that manufactures and/or distributes: machinery, electrical products or industrial supplies such as wire, nuts, bolts, pipe, bearings, industrial equipment and/or mechanical or electrical systems, etc.
+++ Previous experience providing customer service for electrical, lighting or wiring products
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known maker of electrical products for home and commercial use.
This position is open due to promotion as our client offers many avenues for professional development and career advancement within the firm.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1514 - Skokie, IL 60077
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
General Office Skills Customer Service Skills General Office Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining