Staff Accountant - Great for Accounting Grads!
Salary: $55,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits and bonuses for hours worked during tax season. Earn up to $68,000 your first year!
Location: West Suburbs - Elk Grove Village
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Great for Accounting Grads!
$55,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits and bonuses for hours worked during tax season
Earn up to $68,000 your first year!
West Suburbs - Elk Grove Village
As a Staff Accountant, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with business and individuals
- Learning about your client's accounting and financial planning needs
- Preparing and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual bookkeeping and accounting data and financial reports
- Performing routine audits of financial records
- Analyzing budgets and the management of finances
- Identifying discrepancies, omissions, misinformation and overspending
- Analyzing prior-year tax returns
- Preparing business and/or personal tax returns
- Recommending fiscally advantageous methods for tax planning and tax savings
- Developing technical skills through on-the-job experience and continued learning / education
- Generating routine and ad hoc reports for management
- Performing other duties as assigned
Our client has additional openings for identical positions with identical compensation in both McHenry, IL and Elgin, IL. If these locations are more desirable to you, you will be able to discuss during the initial screening process. All positions are open due to growth!
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar
- Eligibility to sit for the CPA Exam***
*** For additional information on whether you are eligible to sit for the CPA Exam, please visit:
In addition to the following desired qualifications:
- The willingness and ability to pursue a CPA designation within your first year with the Firm
- Analytical skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ A CPA Designation
+++ At least one year of full time accounting experience
JobGiraffe's client is a large, local public accounting firm with multiple offices throughout Chicago and the suburbs.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1524 - Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train Accounting Skills Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services