The JobGiraffe Process...
Finding the Best Candidates for Your Business
With over 50 years of experience, our operation is grounded in the fundamentals of effective recruiting and staffing - yet we embrace an innovative approach to talent acquisition designed to meet the ever-changing needs of both the market and our clients.
The JobGiraffe team leverages both traditional recruitment strategies and technology-based outreach to identify, engage, assess and refer qualified jobseekers to clients throughout Chicago and the Suburbs. We have developed, honed and are continually perfecting a harmonized suite of sourcing resources designed to fill your open jobs with the best talent available in the market today.
Once you list your position with JobGiraffe, we aggressively employ these advanced sourcing strategies, while tailoring the specifics to meet the requirements of the job you have open. By expertly utilizing proprietary sourcing techniques that harness the best and most innovative recruiting tools available, JobGiraffe mines the deepest, most extensive candidate pools available.
At JobGiraffe, finding top talent is our core competency!
Screening, Verifications and Reference Checking
All job seekers must submit their resume to begin the screening and evaluation process. If selected, potential candidates are contacted and asked to schedule a screening.
During each screening, all aspects of a candidate's background will be addressed and examined. Key information such as education and employment history will be discussed and other topics such as career goals, job preferences, likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, wants vs. needs and desired salary vs. least considered salary are reviewed.
We will also collect information relating to candidate's education and employment history, certifications and/or degrees, internships, volunteer experiences and military service history during the screening process.
Ultimately, education, military service and employment history (paid and unpaid) will be verified at time-of-hire on any candidate you choose to hire.
- JobGiraffe will verify education directly with the institution itself whenever possible or through a certified verification clearing house where required.
- JobGiraffe will verify all military service upon the candidate's presentation of an official DD214 or by verification through the DOD website.
- JobGiraffe will verify dates of employment going back at least 10 years, plus collect employment references whenever available for both paid and unpaid positions.
The verifications listed above are done personally by the JobGiraffe Corporate Compliance Staff or through a certified verification clearing house, as required.
Our process always includes a third-party background checking at-time-of-hire. Any additional third party background checks unique to your pre-employment requirements can be added, usually at no extra cost.
- For the initial background check, JobGiraffe utilizes a premier third-party Chicago-based background checking service that personally checks live courthouse records in each jurisdiction ordered, regardless of the location, using the ‘hand pull’ method. Although there are many services offering online search tools that are faster and cheaper, over the years we have found these searches are frequently inaccurate and/or incomplete.
- JobGiraffe will then run a Social Security Number trace (SSN trace)
- JobGiraffe will then run all counties (CRIMINAL search) in which the candidate lived, worked and attended school during the last 7 years.
- JobGiraffe will also search under any AKA’s that are discovered during the verification process and/or the Social Security Number trace.
JobGiraffe can also run any of the background checks listed below at no additional charge:
CRIMINAL SEARCH BY
- County or Statewide
- Nationwide Database
- Nationwide Sex Offender
- Federal Criminal
May include but is not limited to the following:
- Sex Offender Registry
- OFAC Report (Patriot Act Search)
- Interpol Most Wanted
- DOC/Bureau of Prisons
- FBI Fugitive List
- Canadian OSFI List
- European Union Terrorist Sanctions List
- Many other U.S. and International Watch Lists
- OFAC Search
- Drivers License History (DMV)
Skills Assessment, Testing and Training
Skill testing is selected and administered on a candidate-by-candidate basis, as appropriate, under the direction of the JobGiraffe staff.
By utilizing over 1500 testing and evaluation products offered through the Prove It! system, base abilities such as math, spelling, grammar and proofreading can be evaluated online plus job-specific skills such as accounting, bookkeeping, customer service, legal terminology, medical terminology and other job-related skills can also be accurately assessed.
A candidate's typing and data entry speed, computer skills and specific software knowledge can also be accurately assessed at a basic, intermediate or advanced level on more than 500 specific software titles. And, in some cases, software skills can be enhanced by the training portion of the module.
To view the list of current available testing click here.
Second Language Skills
Second language skills including French, German, Polish, Russian and many more, can also be tested and evaluated thru Prove It!.
For Spanish, JobGiraffe uniquely offers a special in-depth screening program that includes an interactive reading and writing evaluation and a live conversation in both English and Latin American Spanish with a member of the JobGiraffe staff, who is a native Spanish speaker.
All testing by JobGiraffe is free to the client when performed along with a for-fee search.
JobGiraffe – Reach Higher®