Salary: Up to $25.00 per hour to start
Location: Brookfield, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Contract
Senior Administrative Assistant
Up to $25.00 per hour
Near West Suburbs - Brookfield Area
As Senior Administrative Assistant for this major not-for-profit, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and assisting the Senior VP
- Managing the VP's calendar, activities, appointments and appearances
- Creating and organizing all necessary materials
- Professionally screening all calls, emails and visitors
- Handling all sensitive internal and confidential matters for the VP, other Senior Staff and the Organization
- Writing general and specific correspondence and emails
- Creating reports and maintaining spreadsheets as required
- Preparing occasional presentations
- Interfacing with all levels of staff and the public on behalf of the VP as needed
- Acting as a liaison between the VP's office and the Public Relations Team for all major events
- Managing special projects
- Working calmly and efficiently under routine pressure and occasional deadlines
The ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of Senior Administrative Assistant and/or Executive Assistant experience
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills
- A professional appearance and demeanor for regular public contact
- Ability to work OT paid at time-and-a-half
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
+++ Experience working at the C-level, VP level and/or Board level
+++ Experience working for any type of Not-for-Profit, Charitable and/or Nature / Conservation-based organization
This is a full-time, long-term contract position starting December 9, 2019. This position will extend a minimum of 90 days, if not longer, well into 2020.
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known and well-loved Chicago institution supporting Nature, Wildlife, Conservation and the Environment.
Partial benefits will be available from JobGiraffe throughout the duration of your contract assignment.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, or by phone if needed
JG ID #19-1952 - Brookfield, IL 60513
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Administrative Skills Management Skills - People or Projects, Destinations, Accommodations, Leisure, Entertainment, Personal Services