About the Program
Are you a recent or soon-to-be college grad who wants to find a great entry level job, but are unsure of where to start?
JobGiraffe can help!
JobGiraffe recognizes that making the connection from your degree to your first job is not always obvious...
While pursuing your Bachelor’s degree, you’ve gained knowledge, skills, and maybe even some work experience. But, translating these accomplishments into a position, company, or industry where they will be valued can be challenging for a first time job seeker.
JobGiraffe is a unique team of experts in recruiting and staffing who understand this challenge and know exactly how to locate and access amazing opportunities for recent grads, especially Liberal Arts and Business majors.
According to a recent survey, 1 in 5 employers experience tremendous difficulty filling entry level positions because they can’t find candidates with the proper “soft skills” – individuals who can learn quickly, think critically and communicate effectively. JobGiraffe recognizes that many recent college grads have these soft skills, but do not know how to apply them to the job market.
Does this sound like you?
All services of JobGiraffe are free to the job seeker.
Our Ideal Candidate
Last year, we placed hundreds of recent grads in a variety of jobs and industries that paid between $25,000 and $55,000 annually to start, all within the six county Chicago metropolitan area.Our Ideal Candidate:
- Wants to work in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs
- Has received or is about to receive a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Business. Other majors, particularly those where a career path is not clearly defined, may also apply
- Has a strong academic record
- Is active in the campus community (i.e. Sports, Honors Societies, Greek Life, Clubs, Charity/Volunteer Organizations, etc.)
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong research / internet skills
- Has strong computer / software skills
- Has previous office experience (full-time, part-time or internships)
- Can pass the JobGiraffe reference and background checking process
The Ideal Degrees
Last year, we placed hundreds of recent grads in a variety of jobs and industries that paid between $25,000 and $55,000 annually to start, all within the six county Chicago metropolitan area.
Their Degrees included...
- Business / Business Administration
- Foreign Languages
- Political Science
- Graphic Design
- Public Health
- Art History
- Creative Writing
- Studio Art
JobGiraffe – Reach Higher®