Construction Project Engineer
Salary: Up to $80,000 to start plus full benefits
Location: Carroll County - Near Freeport, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Up to $80,000 to start plus full company-sponsored benefits
Carroll County - Near Freeport, IL
As a Project Engineer, you will lead a replace / build road project near Freeport, IL.
Your job duties will include:
- Working on-site at the project in Carroll County, IL
- Acting as liaison to the Rockford Office
- Managing, supervising and coordinating all aspects of the engineering and construction process
- Coordinating all activities with the client, contractors and subconsultants
- Managing project timelines and budgets
- Interpreting engineering and architectural designs
- Initiating change orders and specification modifications
- Troubleshooting any problems that arise
- Ensuring adherence with all compliance, safety, quality and IDOT standards
- Performing other duties as assigned
Upon completion of the project, which is estimated to last approximately 1.5 years, you will be assigned a new project to manage within the same general area/region.
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least five years of related / relevant experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- A Professional Engineer License in the State of Illinois
- IDOT Documentation Certification
- IDOT Quality Assurance / Quality Control Technician training classes +++
- Project experience with IDOT, Illinois Tollway, CDOT or Chicago-area municipalities +++
JobGiraffe's client is a professional land surveying, land development and civil engineering firm.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours and by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1004 - Freeport, IL 61032
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair Engineering Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair, Construction: Buildings, Structures, Infrastructure, Land