Salary: $23.00 per hour to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
Location: Western Suburbs - Batavia Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
$23.00 per hour to start plus excellent company-sponsored benefits
Western Suburbs - Batavia Area
As a Purchasing Coordinator, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Sending out Requests for Proposals [RFPs] to outside suppliers
- Receiving completed bids from suppliers
- Preparing bid information for the review process
- Entering bid information into the company database
- Arranging and scheduling meetings with suppliers
- Coordinating travel on behalf of the Senior Buyer
- Preparing all required meeting materials
- Drafting routine and special correspondence and reports
- Assisting with the contract administration process for accepted bids
- Maintaining manual and electronic file systems
- Providing additional support to the Corporate and Divisional Buying Teams as needed
- Facilitating efficient and effective purchasing operations
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 2 years of related / relevant / similar experience
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Above average computational math skills
- Comfort with data, spreadsheets and reports
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience within a purchasing department and/or experience supporting the purchasing process +++
- Experience with the RFP, bid, proposal and/or contract administration process +++
- Related experience from the food, beverage, grocery industry or similar +++
JobGiraffe's client is the Corporate Headquarters of a nationally recognized grocery chain.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, or by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1015 - Batavia, IL 60510
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Administrative Skills Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange