Sales / Business Development - IT Consulting
Salary: Up to $60,000 to start plus incentives and full company-sponsored benefits
Location: West Suburbs - Downers Grove Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Sales / Business Development
Information Technology - IT Consulting
Up to $60,000 to start plus incentives and full company-sponsored benefits
Western Suburbs - Downers Grove Area
As a Sales and Business Development Specialist within IT Consulting, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Initially gaining an overall understanding of the firm's IT consulting solutions
- Ultimately developing deeper knowledge of the firm's technology products
- Shadowing an experienced Account Executive
- Reaching out to Business Leaders and IT Directors via phone email, direct mail, and in person
- Generating and nurturing leads as the first step of base relationship building
- Qualifying leads by BANT methodology (Budget, Ability to buy the product, Need for the product, Timeline of purchase of the product)
- Gathering and sharing market research
- Discussing the firm's core competencies
- Inviting potential clients to various educational seminars
- Attending marketing and industry events to network with sales prospects
- Following up on leads from marketing events
- Creating a network of referral partners in the industry
- Strengthening business relationships to build customer loyalty and retention
- Attending continuing education, training and professional development seminars
- Performing other duties as assigned
JobGiraffe's client provides tremendous avenues for career growth. The Business Development Manager role will serve as a stepping-stone to the more lucrative Account Executive role, where you can earn a six figure base salary with an aggressive commission structure.
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 2 years of successful Sales, Business Development, Account Management or similar/related experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with technology, cloud services, hardware and software
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar/related
- Advanced technological aptitude
- Effective communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- An outgoing personality
- Creative problem solving skills
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Follow-up and follow-through skills
- The ability and desire to drive revenue
- Prior related experience from an IT Consulting environment or a similar/related environment +++
JobGiraffe's client is one of the Chicago Area's fastest-growing IT Consulting Firms.
Opportunities to work remotely are available.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, or by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1084 - Downers Grove, IL 60515
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Information Technology - Computer Hardware & Software Sales Skills Information Technology - Computer Hardware & Software, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial