Purchasing Manager - Indirect Procurement Manager
Salary: Up to $100,000 to start plus superior company sponsored benefits and generous annual bonus
Location: North Suburbs - Lincolnshire Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Purchasing / Procurement / Buying / Sourcing
Indirect Procurement Manager
Energy, Sanitation, Utilities
Up to $100,000 to start plus superior company sponsored benefits and generous annual bonus
As Indirect Procurement Manager, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies for categories that are indirectly associated with the manufacturing process such as water, power, sanitation, maintenance, etc.
- Using in-depth analysis and a 'data-driven' approach to support strategic sourcing
- Also identifying market trends and utilizing industry best practice to support decision making
- Providing project management and strategic guidance to assist cross-functional teams in their decision making processes
- Supporting continuous category improvement efforts
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Tracking and monitoring total spend and cost savings for assigned categories
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least five years of Buying / Sourcing / Purchasing / Procurement experience
- At least three years of Indirect Sourcing experience
- A Bachelor's Degree, especially in Supply Chain Management or similar
- The ability to travel up to 25% [paid at Company expense]
- Superior communication skills
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills
- Analytical skills and a 'data-driven' approach
- The ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Prior Category Management experience in Energy, Sanitation and/or Utilities +++
- Prior related experience from the food and/or beverage industry +++
- Proficiency with SAP and/or Ariba +++
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known international manufacturer and distributor of popular food and beverage products.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1110 - Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining