Hospital Equipment Service Technician
Salary: Up to $30.00 per hour to start
Location: Chicago - West Loop / Medical District
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Medical / Hospital Equipment and Devices
Up to $30.00 per hour to start
Chicago, IL - West Loop / Medical District
ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING & HIRING
As a Hospital Equipment Service Technician you will:
- Work on-site within the UIC Medical District
- Install, test, calibrate and repair medical equipment, devices and instrumentation [hospital beds, ventilators, monitors, pumps, etc.]
- Evaluate and approve new medical equipment, devices and instrumentation
- Conduct tests and ensure compliance to all applicable codes
- Make modifications as necessary
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctions
- Coordinate special service as necessary
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedules
- Maintain equipment inventories and reorder as necessary
- Provide equipment operation demonstrations and train new users
- Answer questions and provide information upon request
- Evaluate service contracts
- Produce routine and special reports
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Support other Chicago Area locations on occasion, upon request (all travel local, no overnight travel)
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of related / similar experience with hospital / medical / biomedical equipment, devices and instrumentation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A valid Driver's License
- A Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering or similar +++
- Knowledge of JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) standards +++
- JCAHO or related certification[s] +++
- Prior related experience in a hospital/medical center setting +++
JobGiraffe's client provides safety testing, repair, preventative maintenance and asset management services for medical and biomedical equipment, devices and instrumentation.
Our client is actively interviewing and hiring during the COVID-19 crisis.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1119 - Chicago, IL 60612
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Other not listed Engineering Other not listed, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial