Shipping and Receiving / Dangerous Goods
Salary: Up to $15.00 per hour to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
Location: Gurnee Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Dangerous Goods Shipping & Receiving Specialist
DOT / Hazmat / IATA Certified
Up to $15.00 per hour to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
As a Dangerous Good Shipping and Receiving Specialist in the Fill Room, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learning the policies, procedures and established quality standards of the Fill Room
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable dangerous goods shipping and receiving regulations
- Pulling, processing and shipping orders
- Receiving and stocking raw material deliveries
- Assigning lot numbers to raw material stock
- Transferring finished goods from the production floor to their designated warehouse location
- Generating shipping labels
- Entering shipping information into the billing system
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise
- Ensuring the Production Floor and Fill Room remain neat and orderly
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- Experience with and/or certification in Dangerous Goods transportation or similar / related / relevant experience
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) Dangerous Goods Transport certification OR...
-DOT (Department of Transportation) Hazmat training
- A High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Basic math skills
- The ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs on occasion
- The ability to regularly stand, reach, bend, crouch and perform other physical tasks related to the job
- A commitment to safety and compliance
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- On-the-job experience handling or processing fluids +++
JobGiraffe's client is a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of printing ink technologies.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours and by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1123 - Gurnee, IL 60031
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Manufacturing, Processing, Refining