Distribution Center Manager
Salary: Up to $110,000 to start plus great company-sponsored benefits and generous bonus potential
Location: Chicago, IL - Near Midway Airport
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Distribution Center Manager
Up to $110,000 to start plus great company-sponsored benefits and generous bonus potential
Chicago, IL - Near Midway Airport
INTERVIEWING & HIRING DURING COVID-19
As Distribution Center Manager you will:
- Supervise daily operations in the Distribution Center
- Oversee the Distribution Center Team
- Monitor each team member's day-to-day responsibilities
- Delegate work assignments and allocate labor accordingly
- Reallocate labor as necessary to improve work flow and meet customer deadlines
- Receive routine status updates from Team Leaders throughout the day
- Hire new employees and/or use third party staffing services to build your team and meet business demand
- Develop training programs for new and existing staff
- Ensure compliance with all processes, procedures, safety and quality standards and laws
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment
- Ensure efficient and effective Distribution Center operations
- Administer the Epicor / P21 Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Monitor branch transfers between various Chicago-based locations
- Maintain, update and evaluate production logs
- Monitor supply and equipment levels
- Address and investigate issues as they arise
- Initiate corrective action as necessary
- Manage special projects as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 10 years of Distribution Center and/or Warehouse experience
- At least 5 years of related Manager, Supervisor and/or Team Lead experience
- Experience managing a team of 50 or more
- A Bachelor's Degree
- The willingness and ability to work OT as necessary
- The ability to work longer hours on Mondays as necessary (9AM to 8PM)
- The ability to work every other Sunday (9AM to 3PM)
- The ability to lead, guide and oversee a team
- Strategic planning and effective decision making skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Organization and prioritization skills
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Fluency in Spanish (read, write, speak) +++
JobGiraffe's client is a national leader in the replacement parts industry.
Our client is actively interviewing and hiring during COVID-19.
Social distancing and mask wearing protocols are in place within the distribution center.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1227 - Chicago, IL 60638
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange