Financial Services - Tax Reporting Supervisor
Salary: Up to $80,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits and annual bonus program
Location: West Suburbs - Oak Brook, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Accounting / Finance / Financial Services
Supervisor in Tax Reporting and Cash Reconciliation
Up to $80,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits and annual bonus program
West Suburbs - Oak Brook, IL
Interview and Start ASAP. Physical distancing and mask protocols are in place for essential workers within the office.
For this position, training will be provided remotely and you will remain remote (work from home) through at least June.
As Supervisor of the Tax Reporting and Cash Reconciliation Team, you will:
- Supervise a team of four
- Oversee all aspects of the tax form production and reconciliation process
- Serve as an ongoing resource for Team Members
- Ensure timely and accurate tax reporting, statements and filings
- Calculate and prepare tax filings in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and quality standards
- Liaise with external tax service providers
- Reconcile accounts in the Trust Accounting System
- Identify errors, omissions and discrepancies
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues as they arise
- Perform routine and special analysis
- Conduct performance evaluations for Team Members
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Coordinate with internal teams cross-functionally to facilitate efficient and effective business operations
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry
- At least 2 years of Related / Relevant / Similar Management, Supervisory and/or Team Lead Experience
- Experience with Tax Reporting for Individual Retirement Accounts and Taxable Custodial Accounts
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Analysis skills
- Knowledge of Trust Accounting Systems +++
- Familiarity with IRS FIRE file formats and filing systems +++
- Experience with Salesforce CRM +++
- An advanced degree in a related field of study +++
JobGiraffe's client is a growing provider of investment and custody solutions to the financial services industry.
Our client is actively interviewing and hiring during the COVID-19 crisis.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1235 - Oak Brook, IL 60523
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Finance-Financial Services Management Skills - People or Projects Finance-Financial Services, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services