Salary: Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits and many work/life balance perks
Location: Norfolk, VA
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Senior Accountant / CPA
Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits and many work/life perks
As Senior Accountant, you will:
- Review accounting transactions and supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Identify, research and resolve errors, omissions and discrepancies
- Process transactions
- Upload all supporting documentation to the database
- Assist with the month-end close process
- Reconcile the General Ledger and 20+ related balance sheets monthly
- Also review and analyze related Profit and Loss statements
- Perform inventory reconciliations
- Monitor and evaluate budgets
- Make projections and forecasts
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the Accounting Team
- Manage special projects as needed
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of Accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of Accounting principles
- A CPA designation is strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar
- Effective communication skills
- Strategic planning and analysis skills
- Organization and attention to detail
- Prioritization and problem solving skills
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Teamwork skills
- Previous experience from a CPA firm +++
JobGiraffe's client is a fast-growing leader in the energy sector.
In this role, you will be trained onsite in the office.
Social distancing and mask-wearing protocols are in place within the office.
Once trained, you will be working in the office two days per week and from home three days per week through the foreseeable future.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1253 - Norfolk, VA 23504
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Accounting Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining