Warehouse Associate / Shipping Office Clerk
Salary: Up to $15.50 per hour plus benefits
Location: Chicago - Bucktown / Logan Square Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Warehouse / Shipping Office
Warehouse Associate and Shipping Office Clerk
Up to $15.50 per hour plus benefits
Chicago - Bucktown / Logan Square Area
As a Warehouse Associate and Shipping Office Clerk, you will perform a combination of general warehouse and administrative duties:
- Work in a small warehouse (less than 5 people)
- Be cross-trained to handle all warehouse and administrative shipping office responsibilities
- Manually pull and pack shipments
- Take shipments to and from the loading dock
- Load and unload trucks
- Verify incoming and outgoing shipments against shipping manifests
- Generate packing lists, labels and bills of lading
- Follow all company receipt procedures
- Enter received products into the inventory management database
- Monitor inventory stock levels using the inventory management database
- Communicate with suppliers and customers as necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Keep the warehouse clean, neat and organized
- Perform other Warehouse duties as assigned
The ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 1 year of General Warehouse, Distribution Center, Shipping Office and/or Production Floor experience
- Experience with shipping documentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate data entry skills
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
- The ability to stand, bend, and perform physical activities for extended periods of time
- Above-average communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Shipping and Receiving experience +++
- Experience operating a forklift +++
- Prior supervisory, team lead and/or management experience +++
JobGiraffe's client is a fast-growing web-based supplier of Industrial Products.
Social distancing measures, mask wearing protocol and other health safety measures have been put in place within the warehouse.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1270 - Chicago, IL 60647
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange