Mechanical Engineer - Sheet Metal and Machined Parts
Salary: Up to $46.50 per hour to start
Location: North Suburbs of Chicago - Lincolnshire, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Contract
Engineer / Engineering
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Sheetmetal and Machined Parts
Up to $46.50 per hour to start
North Suburbs of Chicago - Lincolnshire, IL
As a Mechanical Engineer for automotive service equipment, you will:
- Design and create new machined parts and mechanical systems
- Utilize your knowledge sheetmetal components, mechanical assemblies and systems
- Coordinate all project activities
- Identify and qualify suppliers
- Perform testing on new designs
- Make design modifications as necessary
- Ensure product safety and compliance with all applicable standards
- Initiate corrective action[s] as necessary
- Deliver completed designs
- Assist with project lifecycle decisions
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Produce routine and special reports
- Maintain manual and electronic project files
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 3 years of experience with mechanical component and system design
- Experience with Sheetmetal and Machined Parts
- Proficiency with Pro/E, Creo or similar/related
- A Bachelor's Degree
- NPI (New Product Introduction) experience
- Experience with Engineering Change Notices
- Problem solving experience (8D process or similar)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Any amount of experience with Parts Databases
- Automotive Systems, Driver Assistance Systems, Automotive Service Products or similar/related industry experience +++
- Knowledge of UL and/or CE safety agency standards +++
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Corel Draw +++
- An Advanced Degree +++
JobGiraffe's client is a Manufacturer of diagnostic tools and diagnostic software for the automotive industry.
Social distancing, mask-wearing, temperature checks and other enhanced health safety policies and protocols are in place within the facility.
This is a contract assignment anticipated to last approximately one year.
Partial benefits will be available from JobGiraffe throughout the duration of your contract assignment.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1283 - Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining