Salary: Up to $27.00 per hour to start plus excellent company-sponsored benefits
Location: Chicago - Northwest Side - Hermosa Neighborhood
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Service / Maintenance / Repair
Food Manufacturing Production Line
2nd Shift - 3PM to 11PM
As Maintenance Technician you will:
- Support manufacturing operations
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on manufacturing machinery
- Machinery can include electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Repair broken and malfunctioning machinery as needed
- Cut, fabricate and weld basic replacement parts as necessary
- Use power drills, drill presses, milling and lathe machines as needed
- Train new team members upon request
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least two years of similar / related service, maintenance and repair experience
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- The ability to fabricate simple parts, such as guards, covers and catch pans
- Electrical control circuit troubleshooting skills
- TIG and Stick welding experience
- The ability to use a torch, band saw, grinder and plasma cutter
- Drilling / Milling experience
- The willingness and ability to work the 2nd Shift, from 3PM to 11PM
- The willingness and ability to work rotating weekend shifts on as required
- The willingness and ability to work OT as required
- The willingness to become a union member
+++ Related experience with Food Production Machinery or similar
+++ A related Associate's, Bachelor's Degree and/or Technical Certification[s]
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known supplier of popular food products.
This is a union manufacturing shop and all production maintenance staff are part of the same union contract.
Once hired, you will become a member of the union, follow a schedule that is posted in advance and will alternate both weekday and weekend shifts with other members of the union.
Social distancing, daily temperature screening, mask-wearing and other health safety policies and protocols are in place within the facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1330 - Chicago, IL 60639
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange