Salary: Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits and $2500 sign-on bonus
Location: Chicago - Far West Side - Walk from Blue Line
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Service / Repair / Maintenance
Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor
Manufacturing Production Line - Food Industry
Third Shift: 11PM to 7AM
Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits and $2500 sign-on bonus
Chicago - Far West Side - Walk from Blue Line
As Third Shift Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor, you will:
- Oversee, supervise and guide production line machinery and maintenance personnel
- Ensure machinery and support systems operate at maximum efficiency
- Administer the preventative maintenance schedule
- Monitor the performance of routine preventative maintenance in support of manufacturing operations
- Machinery can include electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Repair broken and malfunctioning machinery, fabricating basic replacement parts as required
- Order replacement parts as necessary
- Uphold company policy and follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform quality control and safety verification checks to ensure compliance
- Train and cross-train new Mechanics
- Provide ongoing guidance, support and training to existing Mechanics
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Administer corrective and disciplinary action as necessary
- Collaborate with leadership teams
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 3 years of Maintenance Mechanic, Machine Maintenance, Manufacturing Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic, Production Line Mechanic, Technician or similar/related experience
- At least 2 years of similar/related management, supervisory or team lead experience
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- The ability to fabricate simple parts, such as guards, covers and catch pans
- Electrical control circuit troubleshooting skills
- TIG and Stick welding experience
- The ability to use a torch, band saw, grinder and plasma cutter
- Drilling / Milling experience
- The willingness and ability to work the 3rd Shift, from 11PM to 7AM
- The willingness and ability to work extra daily hours for OT and/or work a 6th day at a fixed daily rate, as required
- The willingness and ability to serve as an on-call resource for team members during off-hours
- Related experience with Food Production Machinery or similar +++
- A related Associate's, Bachelor's Degree and/or Technical Certification[s] +++
- 5S Proficiency / experience +++
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known supplier of popular food products.
Social distancing, daily temperature screening, mask-wearing and other health safety policies and protocols are in place within the facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1332 - Chicago, IL 60644
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair Management Skills - People or Projects, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange