Salary: Up to $29.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
Location: Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Service / Maintenance / Repair
Packaging Manufacturing and Production
First Shift - 5AM to 2:30PM
Up to $29.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
As Mechanic in Packaging Manufacturing and Production, you will:
- Monitor the production schedule
- Perform machine setups and tear-downs according to production needs
- Make adjustments to machines as necessary
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on packaging equipment/machinery
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics machine issues
- Initiate corrective action[s]
- Make repairs as necessary
- Monitor replacement part supply inventories
- Order parts as necessary
- Keep detailed notes
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least three years of similar / related / relevant experience
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
+++ Related experience with Packaging Machinery
+++ Electrical and Programmable Logic Controls [PLC] experience
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ Experience with Automation/Automated Machinery
+++ Above average computer proficiency
JobGiraffe's client is a leader in the packaging industry.
Social distancing, mask-wearing, temperature checks and other enhanced health safety policies and protocols are in place within the facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1339 - Waukegan, IL 60085
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining