Packaging Operations Lead
Salary: Up to $22.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
Location: Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Manufacturing / Operations / Production
Operations Lead in Packaging Production
Second Shift - 2:30PM to 11:30PM plus OT and occasional Saturdays
Up to $22.00 per hour plus full benefits
Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
As Operations Lead in Packaging Productions, you will assist the Supervisor of Packaging Production and:
- Coordinate / monitor shift operations
- Prioritize production activities
- Ensure production deadlines are met
- Monitor inventory levels
- Ensure raw material supply levels cover production demands
- Coordinate preventative maintenance schedules and repairs
- Troubleshoot production issues as they arise
- Ensure the production floor remains neat, clean and safe
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Uphold company policies, procedures and quality standards
- Teach / train new employees
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to existing employees
- Initiate corrective and disciplinary action[s] as necessary
- Collaborate with other departments in pursuit of business objectives
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 3 years of Production Floor experience
- At least 2 years of Production leadership, team lead or supervisory experience
- The willingness and ability to work the second shift, from 2:30PM to 11:30PM
- The willingness and ability to work OT as required
- The willingness and ability to work Saturdays on occasion
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Organization skills
- Effective communication skills
- Team Building skills
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
+++ Experience with productivity measurements
+++ Knowledge of manufacturing / production best practice
JobGiraffe's client is a leader in the packaging industry.
Social distancing, mask-wearing, temperature checks and other enhanced health safety policies and protocols are in place within the facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1340 - Waukegan, IL 60085
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining