Banking Accounting Assistant - Great For Grads!
Salary: Up to $44,000 plus annual bonus, paid OT and outstanding company-sponsored benefits
Location: West Suburbs of Chicago - Oak Brook, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Banking / Financial Services
Accounting Assistant in Banking
Great for Accounting, Finance & Business Grads
As Accounting Assistant in the Banking and Investment Operations Division, you will receive training and learn to:
- Review incoming payments for accuracy completeness
- Code transactions according to established quality standards
- Apply incoming payments to customer accounts in the Trust Accounting System
- Communicate with internal departments, external investment sponsors and customers
- Perform research
- Reconcile customer accounts in the Trust Accounting System
- Clarify any errors, omissions and/or discrepancies that arise
- Escalate complex issues to management as necessary
- Keep detailed customer account notes
- Perform routine and special analysis
- Assist with special projects
An ideal candidate profile will include EITHER:
(A) A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
(B) OR, At least 1 year of similar/relevant experience from the Banking, Financial Services or related industry
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Accurate data entry skills
- Comfort with numbers, spreadsheets and reconciliations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Organization and attention to detail
- Prioritization and follow-through skills
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork skills
+++ A Bachelor's Degree AND at least 1 year of related / similar / relevant experience
+++ Any amount of Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable experience
+++ Experience with Trust Accounting Systems
+++ Account Management experience
Up to $44,000 plus annual bonus, paid OT and outstanding company-sponsored benefits
West Suburbs of Chicago - Oak Brook, IL
JobGiraffe's client is partner to the financial services industry.
In this role, you will spend your first few weeks training in the office before transitioning to work from home for the foreseeable future.
Social distancing, mask-wearing and other enhanced health safety policies and protocols are in place within the office.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1511 - Oak Brook, IL 60523
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Accounting Skills Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train Accounting Skills, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services