XRF Tech / Bench Chemist
Salary: Up to $70,000 to start plus full company-sponsored benefits
Location: Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Wet Chemistry / Bench Chemistry / XRF Tech
Experienced XRF Tech and Chemist
As Chemist, you will:
- Provide assistance and support to the Lead Chemist
- Uphold laboratory policies, procedures and quality standards
- Perform research and testing on a variety of scrap metals and related by-products
- Prepare compounds, reagents and solutions to facilitate the testing process
- Create SOPs for proper testing and materials processing
- Perform routine and specialized analysis
- Generate reports
- Evaluate and summarize findings
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 2 years of Lab experience
- Bench and/or Wet Chemistry experience
- XRF Technology experience
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Above average math skills
- Testing and analysis skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to follow instruction
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Teamwork skills
+++ An Advanced Degree in Chemistry
+++ ICP-OES experience / proficiency
+++ Sample prep and analysis experience
+++ Mass Spectrometry experience
Up to $70,000 to start plus full benefits
Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
JobGiraffe's client is a specialist in waste processing services.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place within the lab.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1628 - Waukegan, IL 60085
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Other not listed, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining