Maintenance and Repair - Apprentice
Salary: $19.00 per hour to start plus training
Location: Chicago - Far West Side - Walk from Blue Line
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Maintenance / Repair / Installation
Manufacturing Maintenance and Repair Apprentice
As Manufacturing Maintenance and Repair Apprentice you will receive training and learn to:
- Assist and learn from experienced Maintenance and Repair Mechanics
- Support manufacturing machinery maintenance and repairs
- Perform routine maintenance on production line machinery, packaging equipment and building systems
- Handle electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic tasks
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues as they arise
- Make repairs on malfunctioning and/or defective machinery
- Document your maintenance and repair activity
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Provide additional support as requested
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 1 year of maintenance, repair, installation or similar/related experience
- The desire and commitment to work towards joining the local Union
- General knowledge of how to perform maintenance and repairs for electrical, plumbing, conveyors and motors/gearboxes
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Electrical control circuit troubleshooting skills
- The ability to use a torch, band saw, grinder and plasma cutter
- Drilling and/or milling knowledge
+++ Related experience with Food Production Machinery or similar
+++ A related Associate's, Bachelor's Degree and/or Technical Certification[s]
$19.00 per hour to start
Chicago - Far West Side - Walk from Blue Line
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known supplier of popular food products.
This is a union manufacturing shop. Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship (approximately 8 months) you may be asked to become a member of the Union.
Once you become a member, you will follow a schedule that is posted in advance and will alternate both weekday and weekend shifts with other members of the union. All production maintenance staff are part of the same union contract.
Enhanced health safety policies, protocols and measures are in place within the facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1031 - Chicago, IL 60644
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange