Warehouse Specialist / Inventory and WMS Software
Salary: Up to $22.00 per hour to start plus full company-sponsored benefits
Location: North Suburbs of Chicago - Buffalo Grove, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Warehouse / Inventory
Warehouse Specialist - Will Train
WMS Warehouse Management Software
2nd Shift: 3PM to 11PM (M-F)
As Warehouse Specialist, you will be trained to perform a combination of General Warehouse, Warehouse Administration and Inventory Planning duties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn the policies, procedures and practices of the Warehouse
- Pull cable and wire items from inventory
- Cut cable and wire to client specified lengths
- Learn to use wire cutting and rolling machinery as required
- Learn to use a forklift and pallet jack as needed
- Prepare and pack orders according to customer specifications
- Learn to manage inventory
- Learn to use the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Track orders, inventory and parts using the WMS
- Maintain and update spreadsheets using Excel
- Perform other clerical and computer-related duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- Any amount of Warehouse, Distribution Center, Production Floor or similar/related experience
- OR any amount of "Big Box" home improvement retail experience (Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, etc.) handling Electrical, Lumber, Plumbing or similar items
- Experience using any computerized Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Accurate data entry skills
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Prioritization and organization skills
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The desire to lead by example
+++ Experience with Wire Cutting Machinery/Equipment
+++ Forklift operation proficiency/experience
+++ Pallet Jack operation proficiency/experience
Up to $22.00 per hour to start plus full company-sponsored benefits
JobGiraffe's client is a distributor of electrical, lighting and energy solutions.
North Suburbs of Chicago - Buffalo Grove, IL
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1043 - Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Administrative Skills Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Administrative Skills, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange