Insurance Broker and Underwriter - Excess and Surplus Lines
Salary: 100k plus full company-sponsored benefits, bonuses and many perks
Location: Waukesha, WI - Work from Home
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Broker and Underwriter
Excess and Surplus Lines (E&S)
As Broker and Underwriter in Excess and Surplus Lines for a large, leading wholesale broker, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support a team of Retail Agents for the Midwest Region
- Direct a team of Regional Assistant Underwriters
- Review and qualify all accounts and related submissions
- Evaluate and underwrite risk account-by-account
- Analyze Loss Runs, MVRs and Clue scores as appropriate
- Submit pre-qualified risk to the open market
- Create and build relationships with Agents and Carriers
- Negotiate with Carriers and Agents
- Serve as a liaison and intermediary for claims when needed
- Function as thought-leader and 'resident expert' for the Midwest Region (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan)
The ideal candidate profile will include
- Experience as a (Wholesale) Inside Broker & Binding Underwriter within Excess & Surplus Lines
- Experience within the Midwest Regional Markets (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan)
- Leadership skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Relationship management skills
+++ Experience managing a book of business in excess of 3M
+++ Experience managing a mixed book of excess and surplus lines business that includes property, auto, yacht/RV, general liability, professional liability, environmental)
Initial orientation and training in office, then work remote or from home
100k plus full company-sponsored benefits, bonuses and many perks
Enhanced health safety policies, protocols and measures are in place within the office.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1065 - Waukesha, WI 53186
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Finance-Financial Services Insurance Finance-Financial Services, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services