Buyer / Planner
Salary: Up to $65,000 to start plus bonus and excellent company-sponsored benefits
Location: Near North Suburbs of Chicago - Skokie Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Supply Chain & Logistics
Purchasing - Buying - Procurement
Material Resource Planning (MRP)
Buyer / Planner
As Buyer / Planner you will:
- Join the Supply Chain Team
- Serve as a liaison between outside vendors and internal teams
- Act as a primary point of contact for assigned vendors
- Collaborate with Team Members from Product Development and Engineering
- Develop, implement and execute procurement strategies
- Review and evaluate Planning and Demand schedules
- Monitor supplier activities
- Expedite orders as appropriate
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
- Initiate change orders, order deferments and order cancellations as necessary
- Maintain manual and electronic file systems
- Administer changes and updates to the MRP system
- Utilize the MRP system to generate routine and special reports
- Seek-out cost savings and product improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Up to $65,000 to start plus bonus and excellent company-sponsored benefits
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least five years of Buying / Purchasing / Procurement experience
- Prior Supply Chain Planning and Forecasting experience
- Knowledge of MRP processes and systems
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A Bachelor's Degree
Near North Suburbs of Chicago - Skokie, IL
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known maker of electrical products for home and commercial use.
In this role, you will work from home for the foreseeable future until the Company determines its safe for employees to return to the office.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1443 - Skokie, IL 60077
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc., Manufacturing, Processing, Refining