Business and Operations Manager - Transportation
Salary: Up to $70,000 to start plus full benefits and potential for bonuses and commissions
Location: Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Transportation / Business Development / Operations
Business and Operations Manager
Transportation and Logistics
As Business and Operations Manager you will:
- Manage the firm's Key Client
- Build and grow new relationships (and business) with Key Client affiliates
- Negotiate and secure contracts
- Facilitate freight operations on behalf of your clients
- Manage a fleet of dry vans for LTL and FTL freight
- Schedule and dispatch loads
- Communicate with customers and drivers
- Ensure efficient and effective operations
- Engage 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) providers when needed
- Build relationships and trust with clients and 3rd Party providers
- Research, identify, qualify and engage prospective new customers
- Expand the business
- Build a team
Up to $90,000 to start plus full benefits and potential for bonuses and commissions
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation or 3PL (Third Party Logistics) experience
+++ A Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar
+++ Experience working with automotive scrap and/or scrap materials
Far North Suburbs of Chicago - Waukegan, IL
JobGiraffe's client is a specialist in automotive waste and processing services.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place within the lab.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1798 - Waukegan, IL 60085
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Customer Service Skills Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Customer Service Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining