Operations - Customs Broker (Licensed)
Salary: Up to $85,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits
Location: Northwest Suburbs of Chicago - Bensenville, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Office / Administrative / Operations
Customs Broker (Licensed)
Up to $85,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits
As a Customs Broker you will:
- Prepare customs forms for inbound international shipments
- Examine shipments in order to properly organize and classify them
- Utilize the tariff coding system to assist with proper classification
- Advise shippers, as needed, on more efficient methods of packing and shipping items to keep goods under the same code
- File completed customs forms
- File any additional required forms, as needed, by other government entities
- Create detailed shipping and tracking records
- Note delays and provide advice to help resolve them
- Determine all required duty, tax and tariff payments due
- Submit pre-payments as needed
- Maintain manual and electronic file systems
- File insurance claims for lost or damaged shipments as needed
The ideal candidate profile will include:
- Customs Broker experience
- Current Customs Broker license(s)
- Extensive knowledge of International trade rules and regulations
+++ Extensive knowledge of complex tariff coding systems
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago - Bensenville, IL
JobGiraffe's client is an international provider of import warehousing and transportation services.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place at the Company.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #22-1080 - Bensenville, IL 60106
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Agriculture, Natural Resources, Utilities, Waste, Recycling