Warehouse Associate / Forklift Operator (Team Lead)
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
Location: West Side of Chicago - Oak Park Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Warehouse / Operations / Forklift
Warehouse Associate and Forklift Operator (Team Lead)
Second Shift: 2:30PM to 12:00AM (M-F)
As Warehouse Associate and Forklift Operator Team Lead, you will:
- Receive complete training
- Oversee a team of 3 Warehouse Associates
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to team members
- Allocate labor according to business needs
- Operate a forklift
- Receive and unload incoming shipments
- Verify that shipments are accurate and complete
- Take received shipments to their designated warehouse location
- Pick, pack, prepare, label and stage outgoing shipments
- Load outgoing trucks using a forklift
- Conduct material transfers within the warehouse
- Learn how to use the database
- Enter incoming and outgoing shipments into the database
- Use an RF Scanner and perform additional inventory control functions
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Escalate complex issues as necessary
- Uphold safety and quality standards
Up to $20.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 3 years of Warehouse, Operations or Distribution Center experience
- At least 1 year of Warehouse Team Lead, Warehouse Supervisor or similar experience
- Forklift experience
- Computer and Data Entry skills
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
Far West Side of Chicago, IL - Near Oak Park
JobGiraffe's client is a distributor of metal products for industry.
Enhanced health safety policies, protocol and measures are in place within the office.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #22-1662 - Chicago, IL 60639
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange