Salary: $24.00 per hour
Location: Chicago, IL - Far West Side - Near Oak Park
Position Type: Full-time | Temp-to-hire
Human Resources / Payroll Processing / Benefits Administration
$24.00 per hour to start plus full benefits
As Payroll Specialist, you will:
- Receive complete training
- Report to the Director of Payroll
- Use ADP Payforce Software
- Administer payroll processing activities for multiple US divisions
- Collect, review and verify timekeeping data
- Prepare weekly payroll data
- Compute wages, deductions and commissions
- Administer garnishments, child support and payroll deductions
- Initiate payment runs
- Balance/reconcile payroll and union pension dues
- Onboard new employees
- Process payments for employer sponsored benefits
- Run routine and special reports
- Conduct routine and special analysis
- Maintain manual and electronic file systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 2 years of Payroll experience
- Union Payroll experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
+++ Benefits experience
+++ Human Resources experience
Chicago, IL - Far West Side - Near Oak Park
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known supplier of popular food products.
This is a contact assignment with a STRONG POSSIBILITY of converting to a full time, direct-hire job in approximately 3 months (13 Weeks).
Partial benefits will be available from JobGiraffe throughout the duration of your contract assignment.
If hired on directly, you will receive a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, a 401(k) with Match and PTO.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #23-1119 - Chicago, IL 60639
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Administrative Skills Human Resources/Benefits Administration/Payroll/Training/Recruiting/Staffing Administrative Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange