Transportation / Logistics / Purchasing Supervisor
Salary: Up to $60,000 to start
Joliet, IL 60432
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Transportation / Logistics / Purchasing
Transportation and Logistics Purchasing Supervisor
Up to $60,000 to start plus full benefits
As Transportation and Logistics Purchasing Supervisor, you will:
- Join a specialist in the marine transportation industry
- Receive complete training
- Supervise purchasing operations and purchasing staff
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to team members
- Allocate labor according to business needs
- Manage supplier relationships
- Negotiate contracts, prices and terms of service
- Coordinate with the Dispatch Department
- Facilitate the delivery of supplies to transportation vessels
- Perform inventory planning and inventory control functions
- Oversee the transport of personnel
- Maintain manual and electronic purchasing files
- Contribute to strategic planning and continuous improvement efforts
- Handle special project
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of Purchasing / Procurement experience
- At least 3 years of related supervisory experience
+++ Procurify Software experience
+++ TowWorks Software experience
+++ Sinex Software experience
+++ CDL Class B License
JobGiraffe's client is a specialist in transportation management.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial phone screenings can be conducted from 7AM to 7PM Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 9AM to 12PM.
JG ID #23-1210 - Joliet, IL 60432
Job Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance, SHA, PTO, 401(k) with match and PTO with Training and Advancement Opportunities
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Agriculture, Natural Resources, Utilities, Waste, Recycling
Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train
Management Skills - People or Projects
Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Skills
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc.
Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc.
Travel/Meeting and Event Planning
Human Resources/Benefits Administration/Payroll/Training/Recruiting/Staffing
Information Technology - Computer Hardware & Software
Real Estate/Property Management