Transportation - Compliance and Safety Specialist
Salary: Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits
Location: Joliet Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Transportation / Compliance / Safety
Compliance and Safety Specialist
Up to $75,000 to start plus full benefits
As Compliance and Safety Specialist, you will:
- Join a specialist in the Transportation Industry
- Receive complete training
- Support worker safety and health initiatives
- Develop, implement and execute safety policies, protocols, procedures and systems
- Uphold regulatory compliance
- Conduct safety orientations for new hires
- Coordinate with various business divisions
- Lead on-site safety meetings
- Conduct routine and spot safety audits
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Establish best practice
- Identify, research and investigate safety incidents
- Identify root cause and initiate corrective action(s) as necessary
- Run routine and special reports
- Conduct routine and special analysis
- Handle special projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of Compliance and Safety experience
+++ Transportation Industry experience
+++ Marine Transportation Industry experience
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree or related training/certification(s)
JobGiraffe's client is a specialist in transportation management.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #23-1211 - Joliet, IL 60432
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc., Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Agriculture, Natural Resources, Utilities, Waste, Recycling
Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train
Management Skills - People or Projects
Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Skills
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc.
Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc.
Travel/Meeting and Event Planning
Human Resources/Benefits Administration/Payroll/Training/Recruiting/Staffing
Information Technology - Computer Hardware & Software
Real Estate/Property Management