Showroom Sales Specialist
Salary: Between $50,000 and $60,000 to start plus full benefits and many perks!
Location: Chicago - River North area near the Merchandise Mart
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Showroom Sales Specialist and Product Advisor
Between $50,000 and $60,000 to start plus full benefits and many perks!
As a Showroom Sales Specialist and Product Advisor, you will be working face-to-face with interior designers and clients in the firm's beautiful River North showroom and your duties will include:
- Learning the various product lines being carried by the Company
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge of each line and details about specific products within the line
- Being trained to assist designers and their clients with the viewing, pricing and selecting of products from the showroom floor and/or catalogs
- Quoting prices, availability and lead times on a product-by-product basis
- Up-selling additional products, companion products and/or related services whenever appropriate
- Tracking deliveries, scheduling and coordinating the instillation process
- Alerting customers about product or project delays and offering suggestions on product substitutions
- Soliciting feedback from clients and designers once the project has been completed
- Attending training seminars, trade events and product demonstrations to increase your product knowledge and expertise whenever possible
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- Any amount of face-to-face customer service and/or sales experience from a retail and/or showroom floor
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Advanced communication skills
- An interest in home design, decor and interior design
- A keen eye for aesthetics
- A friendly, engaging, intelligent "non-sales" approach
- Poise and professionalism
- A passion for your work and a positive demeanor
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- The ability to work at least two to three Saturdays per month from 10:00AM - 4:00PM and when this occurs you will always receive a corresponding weekday off
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Previous experience selling high-end products to a discerning clientele
+++ Previous interior design experience
+++ Previous experience selling or working with kitchen and bath products
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
JobGiraffe's client is a dynamic retailer of luxury home fixtures and furnishings.
This is an unbeatable opportunity for income growth as this opening is due to the company's growth!
During Year 1 you will have a guaranteed base salary of between $50,000 to $60,000 but in Year 2, Showroom Sales Specialists and Product Advisors have average annual earnings between $80,000 to $90,000 on a salary against bonus / commission basis.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #18-1827 - Chicago, IL 60610
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Sales Skills Customer Service Skills Sales Skills, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange