Field Service Technician
Salary: Up to $25.00 per hour to start plus very generous OT opportunities and superior company-sponsored benefits
Location: Vernon Hills Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Field Service Technician / Mechanic
Service | Installation | Repair
Industrial Grinding Machinery
Up to $25.00 per hour to start plus very generous OT opportunities and excellent company-sponsored benefits
In addition to your hourly pay rate, you will be able generate up to $20,000 in additional earnings through overtime as all OT is paid at time-and-a-half.
As a Field Service Technician, you will receive extensive paid on-the-job training and gain valuable field experience. And, once you gain valuable experience and master the position, you will also have many opportunities for advancement within the firm.
The duties of the Field Service Technician will include:
- Learning the products and services of the firm
- Learning to install, repair and service the Company's wide-range of specialized machinery
- Receiving installation and repair orders
- Determining the urgency of each and every installation and/or service order, then prioritizing your schedule accordingly
- Installing and repairing machines at customer facilities
- Documenting all of your service, repair and installation work thoroughly and completely
- Creating expense reports and time sheets to reflect your work and travel
- Training customers in the proper use and maintenance of their equipment
- Teaching customers proper safety procedures with their equipment
- Providing customer service and technical support to clients via phone and email, when you are not at job sites
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Making your own travel arrangements to reach job sites when needed***
*** Many job sites are out of state and you will be free to select the best method of transportation and book car, lodging, etc. all at company expense.***
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of on-the-job experience servicing, servicing, repairing and installing industrial, mechanical or electrical machinery
- OR a Bachelor's Degree, Associate's Degree or Technical School Certification[s] in any mechanical or electrical-related discipline with job experience, while in school***
***Candidate with Certificates in Automotive Repair are also encouraged to apply!***
Additional desired qualifications include:
- Advanced technical and mechanical aptitude
- A willingness to learn "on the job"
- A love of showing others "how to"
- Advanced communication skills
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Above-average overall computer proficiency
- A willingness to travel extensively as you may be required to travel 75% to 85% of the time [all travel-related expenses are paid for by the Company]
- The ability to work independently and without close supervision
Our client is an international supplier of industrial grinding machinery.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #18-1852 - Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining