Junior Supply Chain Analyst - Transportation and Logistics Rate Specialist
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour to start
Location: Oak Brook Area
Position Type: Full-time | Temp
GOOD FOR GRADS
Junior Supply Chain Analyst
Transportation and Logistics Rate Specialist
$18.00 - $20.00 per hour to start
This is a contract assignment that is expected to last until at least April 2019, if not longer.
You will be trained to perform the following job duties that will include:
- Handling all inquiries related to transportation rates that are associated with:
> Carrier rates
> Customer sales bids
> Customer pickup allowances
> Transportation network modeling
> Customer sourcing change requests
> Item-specific analysis for the Agriculture Team
> Freight index benchmarking
> Stock transfer rates
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the 'National Billed Freight Table'
- Administering the 'Customer Pickup Program' on behalf of Customer Service and Sales Departments
- Managing the Transportation Management System queue for inquiries about rates and load costs
- Performing process mapping to assisting with determining customer pricing rates
- Assisting with the annual audit process
- Focusing on process improvements and process support to promote efficient operations
- Serving as a backup to the Freight Payment Analyst
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, Finance, Data Analytics, Supply Chain Management or a similar relevant discipline
- Advanced Excel skills including creating pivot tables and writing formulas
In addition to the following qualifications
- Advanced overall computer proficiency
- Advanced analytical skills and mathematical abilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building and follow-up skills
- Being a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Time-management and prioritization skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Any experience reading, writing or evaluating Standard Operating Procedures [aka SOP] or recording internal processes
+++ Any advanced degree or advanced certification[s] in a relevant discipline
+++ Experience in a customer service, finance and/or logistics role
+++ Proficiency with SAP
+++ Proficiency with Microsoft Access
Our client is a leading international provider of food products.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1009 - Oak Brook Terrace, IL 60181
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange