Senior Internal Auditor
Salary: Up to $95,000 to start plus excellent company-sponsored benefits
Location: Western Suburbs - West Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Senior Internal Auditor
Up to $95,000 to start plus excellent company-sponsored benefits
West Chicago, IL 60185
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will play an integral role in evaluating business processes and the effectiveness of internal controls across the Company and its subsidiaries from the Corporate Office in West Chicago, IL.
Your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting management with annual risk assessments and the development of an annual audit plan
- Developing audit programs and testing procedures to mitigate operational and strategic risks
- Performing financial, operational, IT and compliance-related internal control and business process review functions
- Determining whether all units, processes and systems are operating as intended
- Making control and process improvement recommendations
- Assisting in the identification, sharing and implementation of remediation plans and best practices
- Preparing detailed audit reports and following-up accordingly with stakeholders
- Coordinating and providing support to the external audit team
- Performing special projects at management's request
- Providing additional financial analysis and reporting support
- Traveling as necessary, both domestically and internationally, approximately 30% of the year, all at company expense
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related
- PLUS at least two years of internal audit experience from any industry
- OR at least two years of external audit experience from any mid-size to large public accounting firm
In addition to the following qualifications:
- A willingness to travel locally, domestically and internationally up to 30% of the year, all at company expense
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail in your work
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Prioritization and time-management skills
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ Audit experience from the manufacturing, consumer products and/or industrial markets
+++ An Advanced Degree in Accounting or Finance
+++ CPA, CIA, CISA and/or CFE
Our client is an international distributor of agricultural products.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1064 - West Chicago, IL 60185
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Accounting Skills Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange